We're Moving!

We're moving our content to a new website! Join us at our new location:
--> Dream Zoo Home <--

PhoneGameGuides: Dream Zoo By Zynga

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dream Zoo: Golden Fruit Deciphered


In Dream Zoo, every now and then, fruits will drop from the sky. Where in the sky, no one knows, there are no fruit trees around. However, they do drop often. Collecting these fruits is as easy as touching them on your screen. They offer the harvester (you) rewards in terms of Dream Zoo Coins.
Strawberry and Orange Fruit
Amazingly, the fruit never hits any of the animals, and they all fall to the ground intact. So far, I've seen (in alphabetical order): Apple, Banana, Cherry, Orange, Strawberry, Watermelon

There are 2 occasions when a rare version of the fruit drops. One, when you level up, then several  Golden Fruit drops around your zoo. And two, very rare fruit drops at random.

These fruits are not only good for money, but they also are a requirement for several achievement. I'm currently on this part of the Achievement (Goal). To collect 5000 fruit drops. The reward is pretty good, one of the few achievements that rewards Zoo Cash.

I have come to note that certain Gold Fruit will give a certain type of reward. The gold cherry/grape will reward both Gold Coins as well as a Heart. The Gold Apple will will reward both Gold Coins and a Zoo Cash. These are the 2 I've found so far. There is the Gold/Yellow Banana, but they only reward Gold Coins, so I'm not sure if it's just a color issue. If any of you knows of any more, Shoot me a comment.




Also, Come visit my Dream Zoo, my Zoo Code is O W K Z U P. 
Come Visit, you don't even have to do anything. Come over and have a look, then tell me what you like or don't like about my Zoo. Tell me your ideas on how I can improve my Zoo. Ask me why I did things this way. :)

--Update--

As reader Jennifer mentioned in the comments below, I forgot the Pear fruit. I actually have left out alot of fruits / foods. There are also golden ice-cream cones, cake slices, etc. However, these all give rewards of only coins.

6 comments:

  1. Is there any way I can get Zoo Cash without having to buy it? The Dinosaur and Prairie levels are making me mad because every decor costs Cash. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, you can't get a substantial amount of Zoo Cash for free. You can get about 20 or so for free by doing Goals and Achievements, but these will only get you so far.
      I'm hoping that if everyone complains enough, Zynga will release some decor for coins, or even hearts. Anything is better than giving up real cash for ingame items.

      Delete
  2. If you buy a zoo cash expansion does that mean you get paid in cash instead of coins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. It means you're using real money to buy the expansion for the game. Zoo Cash is how Zynga makes money. They sell you Zoo Cash in exchange, you can do things in game easier and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Actually...I forgot alot of things :) I'm just too lazy to add it in.

      Delete