We're Moving!

We're moving our content to a new website! Join us at our new location:
--> Dream Zoo Home <--

PhoneGameGuides: Dream Zoo By Zynga

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dream Zoo!... it's back on...sort of...


Surprise, surprise, my game is back on, if not for a little while, it's somewhat bug-y.
No words on menu...among other things
I just read the last comments left on the post and would like to respond to Plein Anni that she is absolutely right about my great land expanse that is causing the problem.


I noticed it because I first bought up all the extra habitat space (for cheap), then I added the animals to the habitat. I noticed that each time I added an animal, the game would be doing some intensive calculation and thus slow down the animals.

I am able to start up my game, but it takes me about 10 seconds when the zoo loads up and when I can actually do anything, and then again, it's very laggy. Most times, it crashes. So I can do very little.

Well, since I'm level 50 and I can't really do much in the game, I've decided to try and expand my zoo to it's maximum possible size. But this takes alot of Coins (don't want to spend real currency for a game coz I'm cheap poor. ) With my current setup, I get about 1 million coins when I wake up. And that's just from my 2 coin farms. The bigger coin farm shown below gets me close to 600k coins when I wake up. This is all thanks to the super cheap, super good habitat multiplier
My coin farm

I've not really made a mental calculation of how much coins I collect throughout the day, because usually once I get enough coins to do something, I go ahead and spend it. 

I'll post a picture of my current zoo when I have the opportunity to take screenshots of the whole zoo in extended zoom. (Seems like the game will get stuck in the expansion zoom once you expand an area). In which case, I could use a little advise on how I should plan my zoo. I want to have a neat zoo (hence the straight rows of animals), but i want to use most of my land :).


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back!

    I've been trying different strategies to maximize coin collecting, including those on this blog, and from an efficiency point-of-view using the multiplier technique is far superior to having extra animals. A few of my assumptions below.

    1. Note that you can only effectively "use" 15 2x2 bonus spaces since the max you can boost your income is 10x or 1000%.
    2. For simplicity, lets first assume we're boosting 1 animal only and that it pays 100 coins. Thus, we need 16 2x2 squares to max said animal (15 bonus spaces + 1 space for the animal itself). This setup would then pay 1,000 coins. If we instead breed 16 animal families, we would get 1,600 coins from the "farm" setup. In this case, it's clear the farm setup is superior to the bonus setup.
    3. Let's now assume we want to dedicate 17 2x2 squares to our setup by having 1 extra animal family. Using the farm strategy, we would earn 1,700 coins. But using the bonus strategy we would earn 2,000 coins (NB: You would've to drag and switch the 2 animals in-game to earn 10x on each animal).
    4. In practice, you need as many animals plus one extra square in addition to the 15 bonus squares to be able to move them. In the above example, we would then need 18 squares to maximize 2 animal families. The conclusion still holds, in the bonus setup you would still earn 2,000 coins while in the farm setup you would earn 1,800 coins.

    The above difference may seem minimal but it's not. I have a 10x bonus setup for 3 rhino families (tier 1 plains). Rhinos pay 15,339 coins before bonuses collectible every 12 hours. I make ~460,170 twice a day, for a total of ~920,340 per day. If I used those 18 squares in a farm setup, I would only make ~552,204 per day.

    The relationship between the number of squares and income is exponential, thus for every extra animal family you add to your 15 bonus square setup you would earn significantly more than if you just raised an extra animal family.

    Again, the only caveat is that you have to manually move every animal before collecting the coins in order to maximize the setup. On the other hand, in order to have a 16 square farm setup you would need a lot of time to breed all families into champions w/baby.

    If you study Syd's coin collection schedule, you can then decide which other animals are worth the bonus setup. The mountain ecosystem looks promising, you could benefit from multiplying rams, alpacas and cougars easily.

    With this strategy, I'm more than ok in coins which means I'm more than ok in leveling up (I use safaris to catch champions that can be traded in for a lot of xp, i.e. cougar champions sell for 1,200 xp and cost ~8,500 coins each...). My only constrain in-game is then the time to breed new babies and raise all my animals to champions. Please click the babies!

    My two (x10) cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1) Just think about it on a small scale. If you have 2 animal family, that's 100 + 100 coins = 200 coins. If you have 1 animal and a 60% space, that's 100 coins + 60 coins = 160 coins.

    (2) The point reverses once you hit level 46 and get the Wild Tropical Animals. The Habitat space is now a 1x1 square, and an additional 2x2 square will give a 240% multiplier, so an animal family will give 100 + 240 = 340 coins.

    (3) So, the best way is to get to level 46 fast, that means not spending most of your coins on expensive habitat space and keep breeding animals, expanding (as you see fit), and going on safari.

    Once you reach level 46, concentrate on tropical animals and use the multiplier technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a better deal out there than the Wild Tropical multiplier. The Jungle habitat gives a 1x1 70% for $40k. Or 280% for a 2x2. This allows lower level players (35? and up) to take advantage.

    Anyone notice that their big multipliers don't always payout the multiplied amount? I'm on an iPod Touch, constantly changing profiles to support my daughter's and wife's zoos. I notice if I don't force close to reload my zoo, I might not get my full payout following a change in profiles. Once I even noticed that visiting neighbors caused a subsequent payout to ignore my multipliers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note on the Jungle habitat BH, I'll definitively look into it!

      I've noticed the above mentioned glitch too, my latest inference was that it had to do with trying to cash more than the max 10x payout. Once I trimmed my bonus areas to 1000% I stopped "loosing" that extra coinage. Now I can go into move mode, switch an animal, exit and cash, rinse and repeat for as many times as I want without missing the promised payout.

      Delete
    2. "switch an animal, exit and cash"

      When you say "exit", what are you referring to (the game, move mode, or something else)?

      Thanks!

      Delete
    3. I meant exiting the "move" sub screen, tapping the animal to cash it, then going into the "move" sub screen again to switch an uncashed animal into the slot adjacent to the bonus area and do it all over again...

      Delete
  4. The Jungle habitat multiplier 1x1 percent has been fixed, so there is no more great deal for that habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found out, probably enjoyed it for less than a day lol... Any other "bargains" out there?

    ReplyDelete