We're Moving!

We're moving our content to a new website! Join us at our new location:
--> Dream Zoo Home <--

PhoneGameGuides: Dream Zoo By Zynga

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dream Zoo, a punishing game


I'm currently level 57 (still) and grinding my way to level 58. I feel that the game is punishing people of higher level in the way it implements updates to the game. They seem to have gotten lazy about making the game fun for people who have past the mid point of the game. They release different habitats, but only for those who can pay real money to obtain them, instead of rewarding players, they make it harder for people to level up. 

I'm really coming close to deleting the game from my phone. But the problem with all games, is that I have invested a lot of time and energy into the zoo. Zynga is not rewarding people who play, they only reward people who pay. 

The game was really fun in the beginner and during mid game, where everything seem to work seamlessly. But once you get to a certain level, then everything seems to fall apart, literally. The game just breaks down. 

The game has ceased to be full of fun for me. I just collect coins once a day now. I don't even move the animals to the habitat bonus zone. I just collect the coins from animals wherever they are at. My friend's list hasn't shown up for days, so I've not been sending gifts. Although I still have gifts for me in my inbox, but it crashes too often for me to collect them all. 

I'll give it another week or so before I seriously consider Dream Zoo as a dead game to me.

6 comments:

  1. You're gonna miss out on cross-breeding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I'm going to miss out on it, or miss out on the aggravation when it comes out super buggy, costs only Zoo bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zynga has the notion that people should pay hundreds of real dollars to play on iPhone games. Apple needs to set some rules about in app purchases. These companies nickle and dime you to death to play their "free" app. Getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog ... I thought I was the only one who thought this - that the game wasn't much fun anymore since I refuse to spend real money on a video game. Zynga should be ashamed of themselves (itself?) - I understand they're a company trying to make money, but at least allow those of us who don't want to buy cash to still get all the elements they are adding to the game - which seem to be nothing but cash grabs. Don't blame your weak IPO on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I agree. They really need to just reward people who pay in cash with some sort of time incentive, instead of 10days of breeding time, maybe 5 days. Instead of 1 million coins for a decor, maybe 50 zoo bucks for the decor. They should really add in the ability to choose what currency you want to pay an item for.

      Delete