We're Moving!

We're moving our content to a new website! Join us at our new location:
--> Dream Zoo Home <--

PhoneGameGuides: Dream Zoo By Zynga

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dream Zoo on the Android Tablet


I just tried out Dream Zoo on a friend's android tablet, and it was pretty glorious. None of the current issues that I have on my iphone 3GS is anywhere in sight. My friends list loads up every time, maximum bonus is at 1000%, I can log in AND out of facebook into different accounts. I played it for a couple hours and it didn't crash on me, not once. Although it kinda froze, but android has a dialog box asking if I want to wait or force quit. Waiting a few more seconds usually fixes the issue.

Which brings me to my Dream Zoo iPhone problem of the day. My 'connect to facebook' button has been broken since this new update (prairie habitat update). Whenever I try to connect, it crashes the game. Since syncing to facebook didn't really matter, I've been ignoring this problem while happily leveling up.

So last night, when I logged into my account on the android tablet, I found that what loaded was my Old Zoo, the one before the Prairie Update. Yikes, I was still level 55, I had none of my 5 Champion Prairie Animals. I'm not really sure what to do about that, it's not that I really need to sync it, it's just that, now I can't if I want to. It's like not being invited to a party that you didn't want to go to in the first place, you didn't want to go, but not being invited makes you feel left out. It's always nice being asked.

This brings me to a realization that you CAN send a game support email from inside the game, which is very nice because it includes your game ID and level and some other stuff automatically. Technically, it's not from inside the game, but the game opens your iphone mail and puts the information at the end. It actually just emails DreamZooSupport@zynga.com. I've always wondered why the moderators on the zynga dream zoo forums say that 'we have received your bug reports' but I never see anyone posting bug reports. I guess a lot of people have figured out the Dream Zoo Support this way. I sent in my report about my facebook problem this way, I hope I get a reply back.

Yesterday, on the Zynga Dream Zoo Forums, there were a couple of people who posted rage-quit posts. These people actually hit all the points I have with the game, except for the fact that they spent actual money to buy in-game bucks. I don't have a problem with people paying for bucks, I wish I can do it, but I'm just too cheap to do that :). I wanted to re-read one of the post today but I can't find it. It had a rant about how zynga was money-grubbing but it seems it got deleted from the forums.

Anyway...I wanted to put this in before I forget: It seems that the Dream Zoo Android Tablet is working the way the game is supposed to, but it also seems that progress for the iphone 3GS (especiallly) has stopped. I wonder if development for the iphone 3gs is slowing down and they are putting more developers into the android platform since it's newer.


3 comments:

  1. How is your friend playing on an Android tablet? I have tried to side load it onto my Kindle fire and it just stalls. I would love to play on a bigger screen than my Android phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She actually has android loaded on the (now defunct) HP tablet using Cyanogen Mod. It runs very well.

      Delete
  2. OCCUPY ZYNGA is an animal-powered movement that began in Zoo-cotti Park in Zynga’s Dream Zoo App (Zoo Code: BDJRQOX), and has spread to over 16 exhibits comprised of nearly 100 animal species. #OZ is inspired by popular uprisings on iPhone, iPad and Android devices, worldwide, and aims to fight back against the richest 1% of zoo keepers that are writing the rules of an unfair zoo wide economy that is foreclosing on our fauna (both real and mythical).

    Join the movement! Visit "Zoo-cotti Park - Occupy Zynga" today!

    ADD ZOO CODE: B-D-J-R-Q-O-X

    ReplyDelete