We're Moving!

We're moving our content to a new website! Join us at our new location:
--> Dream Zoo Home <--

PhoneGameGuides: Dream Zoo By Zynga

Friday, March 2, 2012

Dream Zoo with Mythical Animals


Noticed when I started Dream Zoo that they had an update. This time (for me at least), the announcements came before the actual update.



Before I start out, let me just say I can't connect to facebook at all now, I even uninstalled facebook and reinstalled Dream Zoo, but still, whenever I click on 'Connect to Facebook', the whole game crashes.

So, mythical creatures...not sure what to think about these, I'm pretty sure the Yeti belongs in this habitat.



Animals in this habitat are:

  • Lemaguar
    • Safari costs:  2000 Coins, 15 hearts or 17 bucks. Repairs costs 7000 coins or 7 hearts
    • Common: 1900 to import, 18 hearts and 4h 10m to breed, 158 / 60 mins, 4900 to upgrade
    • Rare: 3500 to import,  30 hearts, 8h 20m to breed, 376 / 75min, 11200 to upgrade
    • V. Rare: 8000 to import, 48 hearts and 10h 50m to breed, 719/ 90 mins, 16800 to upgrade
    • Champion 12000 to import, 48 hearts and 10h 50m to breed, 1206 / 60 mins
Lemaguar
  • Cockatrice
    • Safari costs: 55000 coins, 30 hearts or 40 bucks. Repair costs 192500 coins or 15 hearts
    • Common: 56600 to import, 18 hearts and 2d 10h to breed, 667 / 180min, 222040 to upgrade
    • Rare: 158600 to import,  30 hearts and 4d 20h to breed, 1588 / 4 hrs, 428400 to upgrade
    • V.Rare: 306000 to import, 48 hearts and 6d 7h to breed,  3040 / 5 hrs, 1680000 to upgrade
    • Champion: 12000000 to import, 48 hearts and 6d 7h to breed, 5182 / 180 mins
Cockatrice

I'm not sure, but the Rare versions of the lemaguar and the cockatrice come up much more often than the common version. Maybe I'm just having some bad (or good) luck on safari.

Some of the 'treasures' that can be found on safaris are:
  • Vial of Goop
  • Spotted Shell
  • Lion Tentacle

They did say that only 2 of these are available now, but it shows more than 2 for now. I'm just guessing the designers haven't yet produced the 3d animals yet. What I'm confused about is the amount of animals they have and the placements of these animals.

The other animals in the mythical animals habitat are the following, and I also speculate what they are
  • Osteraroo
    • no brainer, Ostrich and Kangeroo mix
  • Basilisk 
    • Crocodile and Lizard mix maybe, I used to play World of Warcraft, they had basilisk in Stranglethorn Vale. Or it could be a serpent and bird mix as in Wikipedia's entry on basilisk
  • Pea Sloth
    • Peacock and sloth
  • Jackalope
    • Jackrabbit and Antelope. Wikipedia entry on Jackalope


Stangely, there are other animals too:
  • Rampaca
  • Kirin
  • Honey Baardvark
  • Baku Spirit
  • Walur Bear
  • Uni



According to the level guide, the Kirin should be available. Not sure what a kirin is, but it also appears in the Zoo Grade, a couple of Habitat Zones after the mystical creatures zone.



It seems also they have implemented some sort of location based rewards. You 'check in' your location, and you may randomly earn a free safari from a random safari. I guess the more areas you 'check in' from, the more chance you get to earn yourself a free safari.


My game crashed before I could get a screenshot, I'll go driving tomorrow and 'check in' and see what we got. I'm also thinking....what if you spoof your geo-location, can it be done? Although, I remember reading somewhere that you can only 'check in' once in a 24 hour time period.


I guess you can move one grid block away and try checking in from there. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment